The ability to extract useful information and actionable insights from heaps of unstructured and raw textual data is in great demand today with regard to applications in NLP and text analytics. This course will introduce you to the basics of text analytics in the Python ecosystem, primarily using the spaCy and gensim libraries.
spaCy and gensim are powerful Python libraries that make processing textual data a breeze!
This workshop meets two times, price is $99:
Jan 11, 7.00pm - 9.00pm
Jan 18, 7.00pm - 9.00pm
No previous exposure to these libraries is assumed.
You will learn,
- Why is Natural Language Processing (NLP) Necessary?
- What Problem Does Natural Language Processing Solve?
- Understanding The Syntax and Structure of Textual Data
- Word Embedding - Representing Words as Vectors
- The Basics of Natural Language Processing using spaCy and gensim
- Text Tokenization and Normalization
- Automated Document Summarization and Topic Modeling: What is My Text About?
- Extracting Key Information from Unstructured Text
- Extracting Positive and Negative Sentiment From Text
What to bring