Key ingredients get that alchemy right: trust and community, dynamic learning experiences, seed capital, and a suite of supports that align with organizations’ real needs as they evolve.
We also believe that the start-up experience leads to greater innovation when it's more structured. Sounds counterintuitive, we know, but our theory about innovation isn't one of wild, unfettered creativity.
To give our founders guardrails, we require all incubees to engage in 3 phases of hands-on programming while at Beespace:
- Creative and Emotional Intelligence development
- Prototyping and piloting
- Organizational sustainability
What we offer
Beespace offers a unique incubation experience of two full years, providing the security of time, seed money, and other supports that we believe encourage creative risk-taking and lead to lasting innovation.
While at Beespace, incubees can expect:
- A rent-free co-working space in New York City’s Chelsea district, lessening the isolation and pressure so common to startups
- The outsourcing of back-end operations, allowing founders to focus on innovation, not administration
- The security of patient capital: seed grants, technical assistance, and access to interested donors and an Innovation Fund
- A phased curriculum that includes experiential learning, field trips, formal skills-building workshops, peer-to-peer learning, and hands-on executive coaching