You are here
Women Startup Challenge NYC at Microsoft, November 9th
BuzzFeed and the New York Observer say that through the Women Startup Challenge, Women Who Tech is one of the few organizations disrupting a culture and economy that has made it exceedingly difficult for women entrepreneurs to access capital. Only 7% of all investor money goes to women-led startups. The Women Startup Challenge wants to crush this dismal stat by funding women-led startups.Criteria
- Your venture can be at the concept stage, prototype, seed stage or have already launched.
- You’ve raised less than $2M from combined sources.
- You are a technical Founder or you have a technical Co-founder. Note: If you don’t have a technical Co-founder, please email us and tell us more about your setup.
- Any woman-led startup (defined as at least having at least one woman Co-founder on the team can participate).
- All ideas must be original work or an improvement upon an existing idea without infringements.
This is a regional startup challenge and therefore your startup must be located in the following states: New York, Pennsylvania, Connecticut, Maine, Vermont, Massachusetts, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, New Hampshire, and Rhode Island.
Note: Agencies or consulting businesses are not eligible unless you have created a product that fits the above criteria.Rules
- All applications must be submitted in English.
- Applications will be accepted from September 1, 2015, until September 30, 2015.
- We reserve the right to select and reject winners at any time, and we may add finalists to any round of the competition to give more entrepreneurs access to the Women Startup Challenge.
- A company that has a rapidly scalable business model.
- Incorporates technology into the approach, which allows the company to scale in a manner that traditional small businesses cannot.
- Fast growing with degrees of innovation.
- The ability to change a product or service to meet customer needs/demands.
If you do not have an account you can Create an Account here.Have an existing account?
Login to at the bottom of this page