Launched in July 2016, SiO started with a proprietary skincare patch that focused on the décolleté. We added new products for the face in July 2017, which immediately increased sales, subscribers, and influencer buzz. We focus on direct-to-consumer marketing using top of the curve digital, marketing and conversion strategies.
We are seeking a passionate, organized and entrepreneurially-minded Associate Brand Manager. In this role, you will be responsible for assisting with brand marketing as well as product innovation. You will develop strategies to grow our marketing channels through cohesive and inspiring messaging, monitoring, and reporting on all relevant metrics. You will also contribute to the product innovation funnel and manage the innovation calendar.
In this role, you will work cross functionally — from PR to Creative to Digital — to support the SiO business. The ideal candidate has a creative eye as well as experience within some aspect of aspiration marketing in the beauty, fashion, or lifestyle industries.
SiO is housed within Loeb.nyc, a venture lab founded by Loeb Enterprises, so you will work in a shared, open space environment with a number of other dynamic, leading start ups. As the Associate Brand Manager, you will also help support the team in almost all aspects of the business, including operations, digital and print marketing, public relations, and social media.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the day-to-day with our creative agency.
- Ensure all communication channels maintain our brand voice and positioning.
- Transfer knowledge to evolve 4 P’s of Marketing to 4Es: Product = Experience, Place = Everyplace, Price = Exchange, Promotion = Evangelism (or the brand's ideal).
- Conduct competitive research and trend analysis on beauty and direct-to-consumer businesses.
- Coordinate all brand communication and presentation assets.
- Develop creative briefs, assist in managing the content calendar, and partner with internal creative team and external creative agency.
- Source creative benchmarks and ideate creative imagery for briefs.
- Organize and provide feedback for creative development.
- Coordinate all photoshoot and production needs.
- Ensure storytelling is consistent across channels.
- Think out-of-the-box to break through the clutter to tell the brand story, enhancing the brand's value overall.
- Contribute to the development of the product innovation funnel.
- Conduct research on customer pain points and use that to guide product development.
- Manage product development and product launch calendars.
- Develop briefs for product development teams.
- Coordinate all product testing (such as clinical research and safety checks) and all subsequent reporting and analysis.
- Oversee package development and implement all production needs.
- Manage and coordinate all legal and regulatory assets.
- Maintain budgets and scheduling for all executed initiatives.
- Assist in various office and administrative tasks (no task is too small).
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- 1+ years of experience working in a growth marketing or performance-based marketing role at a consumer products brand.
- Beauty or CPG experience preferred.
- Passion for thinking creatively and developing and executing ideas.
- Excellent project and time management skills; great at communicating cross-functionally.
- An eye to develop, critique, and evolve creative marketing content.
- Familiarity with e-commerce and direct-to-consumer businesses.
- Strong presentation and communication skills.
- A self-starter with a can-do attitude who can take a project and run with it.
- Experience growing brand or startup a plus!
- Competitive salary.
- 17 Days of PTO per annum.
- Medical and dental benefits.
- Daily lunch paid for by firm and unlimited snacks and drinks.
- Startup atmosphere with many benefits of a larger company!