Bishop Fox is largest private professional services firm focused on offensive security. We are the trusted advisors to the world’s leading businesses, governments, and organizations – helping to secure their networks, data, and applications. Whether they’re looking to safeguard their critical infrastructure or credit cards; social media or mobile games; flight navigation systems or frozen waffle factories — we’re right there, advising every bit of the way.
We’re seeking Contract Security Consultants/Penetration Testers to support our internal team for multiple upcoming needs, primarily in the Application Security space. These are contract/temp-term roles that are remote and will help us with a variety of client projects in working alongside and coordinating with our team.
Who You Are and What You’ll Do
You fancy yourself a pentester. You know your way around source code. You’ve plundered apps and pillaged networks (legally, of course). You have a passion for hacking and information security. Additionally, you may be well on your way to becoming an information security thought leader; your résumé is sprinkled with presentations, blog posts — and maybe a few vulnerability disclosures.
With Bishop Fox, your responsibilities would include testing web applications, hacking networks, and reversing software. Some days, you’ll be red teaming wireless networks and charming your way past building security. Other days, you’ll be analyzing source code and building threat models. Every day at Bishop Fox, you’ll be learning.
As a consultant, you’ll solve challenging technical problems and build creative solutions. As a trusted advisor, you’ll provide your expert opinion to help our clients navigate difficult business decisions. And as a security associate, you’ll lead teams on one-of-a-kind engagements, mentor co-workers, and contribute significantly to the advancement of our assessment and penetration testing practice.
Why Bishop Fox
Bishop Fox offers flexible scheduling, the ability to work from home, and solid project-based work. If you’re looking for opportunities to grow professionally and be part of our contractor pool, this is the place. You’ll work alongside some of the most talented and experienced security consultants in the industry.
We have a casual workplace environment, but we‘re consummate professionals.
Your Education and Experience
You just have to be good at and, most importantly, love what you do. Here’s a list of qualities we’re looking for, but don’t think that you need them all:
- Vulnerability assessment
- Penetration testing and code review
- Understanding security fundamentals and common vulnerabilities (e.g. OWASP Top Ten)
- 2 - 5 years of application security experience
- More than 2 years of security consulting experience
- Additional experience in IT, security engineering, system and network security, authentication and security protocols, and applied cryptography
- Scripting/programming skills desired (Python, Ruby, Java, JS, C++ etc..)
- Network and web-related protocol knowledge (e.g., TCP/IP, UDP, IPSEC, HTTP, HTTPS, routing protocols)
- Federal and industry regulations understanding (e.g., PCI, SOX, GLBA, ISO 17799, HIPAA, CA1386)d
- Strong communication skills (i.e. written and verbal)
- CISSP, OSCP/E, GWAPT, GPEN, GXPN certification is helpful, but not a necessity
- Advanced relevant academic training is a definite bonus
Candidates across the country (US-based) are welcome to apply.
Interested? Apply today.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or veteran status