A pioneer in K-12 education since 2000, Amplify is leading the way in next-generation curriculum and assessment. Our captivating core and supplemental programs in ELA, math, and science engage all students in rigorous learning and inspire them to think deeply, creatively, and for themselves. Our formative assessment products turn data into practical instructional support to help students at every skill level build a strong foundation in early reading and math. Our programs provide teachers with powerful tools that help them understand and respond to the needs of all their students. Today, Amplify serves five million students in all 50 states.
The Curriculum Developer will develop compelling, rigorous 9 - 12 math content for the Amplify Core Math program.
This is a contract position for an approximated period of twelve months.
Remote candidates will be considered
Goals of the Content:
- Consistent with a student-centered, problem-based pedagogical philosophy
- Teaches and demonstrates math in an engaging way
- Demonstrates the utility, power, and beauty of math
- Assists educators in orchestrating productive mathematical discussions
Responsibilities of the Curriculum Developer
- Design and write student-facing and/or teacher-facing math content for print and digital math environments for a specific grade level or grade band in K-12
- Participate in workshops with Design and Prototyping resources
- Construct sample texts and activities for demonstrating math concepts
Basic Qualifications of the Curriculum Developer
- Bachelor degree; mathematics education or other relevant subject area
- 5+ years of experience working in educational settings, with evidence of excellence in instruction at relevant age levels
- Understands the progression of common core standards relative to grade level bands.
- Proven experience publishing or adapting mathematics education materials or educational technology for mathematics instruction
- Proficiency using digital tools for mathematics learning beyond calculators (spreadsheets, dynamic geometry, statistical packages, motion sensors, etc.)
- Able to travel (approx 5%) to to Amplify's New York Office Headquarters for occasional workshops
Preferred Qualifications of the Curriculum Developer
- Master's, or other advanced, degree in mathematics and/or education
- Proven experience working with students of diverse levels of preparation and background or creative use of online media in adapting mathematics education materials
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To that end, we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Amplify is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
This position may be funded, in whole or in part, through American Recovery & Reinvestment Act funds.
Amplify Education, Inc. is an E-Verify participant.