Umbrella empowers people 65+ to stay independent and age in their own communities. We are building a best-in-class consumer experience in a 50 billion dollar market for the fastest-growing population in the country.
Our membership platform makes it easier "age in place." Our first product connects Members to Umbrella Neighbors, who help with everyday tasks and home maintenance at a reasonable price.
Umbrella was founded by Sam Gerstenzang and Lindsay Ullman, and is backed by Tier 1 venture investors and angels. We’re proudly based in Dumbo, Brooklyn.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Constantly improving our service quality to create an outstanding Member experience
- Answering requests, diagnosing issues and dispatching Umbrella Neighbors
- Helping generate increased usage and Member engagement
- Using strategic insight to support the Operations team as we grow
Success in this role means our Members call and we deliver a trusted, consistent service to both our Members and Umbrella Neighbors. Our members request a range of services from domestic to home maintenance. While you don’t need to bring existing experience, you must be interested in learning.
We believe that a successful candidate will have the following attributes:
- Self-driven, multi-tasker with a “can do” attitude and thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Outgoing, loves speaking to our Members and Umbrella Neighbors
- Superb verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to actively listen
- Emotionally intelligent, with a desire to go above and beyond to create delight
- Organized and detail oriented, you live by checklists and processes
- Previous customer experience, hospitality, or service experience a plus
What you'll get:
- Deeply meaningful work that allows our members to live more independently in their own homes, while providing work opportunities to members of the community
- An important team-oriented role that is the core of the Umbrella product
- We’re an early stage startup. We think you’ll learn something new every day, and many opportunities to take on more responsibilities as we grow.
- Competitive salary and great benefits (healthcare, dental, vision, 401k)