As a Customer Success Manager, you’ll work directly with clients to establish strong relationships, thoroughly understand their business objectives, and partner with them to leverage BetterUp to drive the development of their people. You’ll partner with clients to maximize the impact of their coaching engagements, and provide strategic insights to senior executives that reveal the impact of coaching. In this role your job is to be a valued partner, advisor, and talent development strategist for your clients. In parallel, you will work closely with internal teams at BetterUp to drive improvements and help BetterUp products, services, and systems to meet organizational and user needs.
This is a great role for someone who is wants to build, consult, collaborate, innovate, and make a significant impact in a fast-paced, scrappy, start-up environment.
- Partner with client business and HR executives to design coaching programs that advance the strategic objectives of the company by driving desired learning and development outcomes.
- Collaborate with clients and BetterUp colleagues to deliver a seamless BetterUp experience for clients and end users.
- Deliver piercing insights to our clients and articulate a clear value story that outlines BetterUp’s impact.
- Actively grow accounts across key metrics such as retention, engagement, and revenue to increase lifetime value of our client engagements.
- Influence and advance the team at BetterUp and design a structure for scalability and rapid growth, take risks and think outside the box.
Skills / Experience
- BA/BS degree - we’re more interested in what you learned and how you’ve applied to your life than what you studied.
- Graduate degree in Business, Organizational Behavior, Psychology/Behavioral Science preferred
- 4-7 years enterprise client-facing experience or HR / L&D / talent / coaching-related experience.
- Care for each person with a strong sense of empathy and genuine curiosity about others’ goals and challenges.
- Demonstrated desire for continuous learning combined with curiosity, listening, open-mindedness, and humility.
- Strong interest in organizational behavior, positive psychology, coaching, or behavioral sciences - we geek out over this stuff, daily!
- Ability to create compelling narratives, and deliver clear, impactful presentations.
- You bring out the best in people with a passion for partnership management, clients services, and relationship management.
- Ability to influence through persuasion, negotiation, and consensus building.
- Experience with and comfort analyzing quantitative and qualitative data to derive specific, focused insights.
- The ability to devise thoughtful, scalable business processes while understanding the ramifications and trade-offs across functions.
- Vision: The ability to connect day-to-day activities, projects, and tactics with broader ramifications for company and client strategy, operations and business processes.
- Scrappiness: Someone who gets excited about rolling up their sleeves and doing whatever it takes to deliver exceptional client experiences, in a way that you impress yourself. You do not hesitate to get involved, from the high-level, strategic work to the tactical (sometimes thankless) work.
- No ego teammate: We thrive in an environment of healthy and respectful collaboration that is fundamentally driven by the desire to succeed as a team. A general desire to contribute, without attachment to any one specific outcome other than the success of our clients and BetterUp.
We provide amazing benefits, but if you ask the team, they’ll tell you that the greatest benefit we offer employees is an incredibly meaningful mission and transformative work.
- Full coverage medical, dental and vision insurance
- Unlimited use, at your own discretion, vacation policy
- 14 paid annual holidays
- 5 BetterUp Inner Work days (https://www.betterup.co/inner-work)
- 5 “Volunteer Days” to give back
- Professional development through BetterUp coaching for you and a significant other
- 401(k) self contribution
- A competitive compensation plan with opportunity for advancement
BetterUp Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, BetterUp Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.