Summary of Major Responsibilities
This position can be field based or work out of an Exact office.
The Director, Incentive Compensation and Commercial Enablement leads the teams who support the incentive compensation plans and the teams responsible for customer relationship management (CRM) and salesforce automation and administration (SFAA). This role is responsible for the design, implementation and on-going evaluation of the organization’s incentive compensation plans.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with senior leadership (sales, finance, legal, HR) to develop and optimize incentive plans.
- Drive adherence to approved governance for approvals for all incentive plans, payouts, special incentive plans, and changes.
- Recommend and implement services and solutions (vendor and/or internal) to deliver high quality incentive plans to the business units.
- Work with finance to develop and manage process that ensures accurate and timely incentive compensation accounting while supporting the organizations fiduciary responsibilities and compliance with SOX accounting requirements.
- Optimize incentive compensation plans through efficient processes, technology, and leveraging best practices.
- Work closely with commercial leadership and other cross functional teams to structure compensation plans that align sales behaviors with corporate goals.
- Partner with sales leadership to allocate sales quota across territories and resources.
- Drive design and execution of the company’s CRM and sales force automation.
- Collaborate with sales leadership on optimizing sales organization structure, customer alignment and targeting to drive sales performance.
- Lead a team including hiring, coaching, training, performance management, and career development.
- Ability to influence, collaborate and interact effectively with senior leaders throughout the organization.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills and ability to work cross functionally across multiple teams and business units.
- Strong expertise in sales platform technologies.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Use of computer, and or telephone for long periods of time may be necessary.
- Considerable periods of time may be spent concentrating and or analyzing data.
- Uphold company mission and values through accountability, innovation, integrity, quality, and teamwork.
- Support and comply with the company’s Quality Management System policies and procedures.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time including overnight travel.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Sales, Marketing, Finance or other related field.
- 15+ years of experience in sales, sales operations, marketing, or finance including 2 years of experience directly leading people.
- Authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Demonstrated ability to perform the Essential Duties of the position with or without accommodation.
- Experience working in diagnostics, biotechnology or pharmaceutical organizations.
- Experience developing sales incentive plans.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Applicable portions of the Company’s affirmative action program are available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon request.