With over 10,000 online merchants launching subscriptions and over 1,000,000 subscribers powered by ReCharge, we have a lot of store owners to support. Our mission to make repeat orders easier began five years ago as a bootstrapped startup and today we're at the forefront of recurring billing software with over 150 remote-first employees around the globe processing tens of millions of dollars in sales every week.
We're scaling our company rapidly and are looking for a global payroll and compliance specialist. The candidate will have the responsibility to administer the day to day US payroll and global operations, prepare and review regulatory reporting, assess and establish internal controls, evaluate current payroll operations, offer recommendations for process improvement, and ensure adherence to regulatory compliance standards.
What You'll Do
- Live by and champion our values: #ownership, #empathy, #simple-solutions
- Prepare and process multi-payroll frequencies for 200 + employees in multiple US states and other countries using Trinet PEO solutions
- Work closely with the HR team regarding payroll-related items including, benefit deductions, leave of absences and disability, onboarding of new employees, termination of existing employees, documentation retention via bamboo hr
- Work with our external legal counsel to ensure all wage and hour, time and attendance, minimum wage standards are met and manage any relevant handbook and company policies
- Manage any and all compliance updates local to US, Canada and beyond in partnership with outside legal counsel and VP of People operations
- Responsible for all aspects of payroll including W 4 changes, direct deposits, non-exempt wage calculations, voluntary and non-voluntary deductions, garnishments, leaves of absences, and termination payments
- Process/monitor tax payments and ensure related forms and reports are in compliance with IRS regulations
- Perform payroll audits as needed to ensure accuracy
- Work with employees and managers to monitor, review and update timecards for accuracy and completeness via net time time and attendance
- Manage expense management system while working to develop policies and procedures that impact employees
- Handle all global payment processing and wires in a timely fashion
- Work with leadership on verifying perks, timely reimbursements etc.
- Co-own new systems global PEO roll out and eventual company wide HRIS, paylocity implementation
- Manage travel management system - offer solutions that best meet business need
- Assist in the development of overall payroll procedures by recommending improvements or changes when deemed necessary for greater efficiency
- Responds to/resolves payroll questions and discrepancies and delivers quality customer service to our employees
- Must be able to work effectively with the finance team on financial tasks such as reconciliation of bank statements and general ledger inquiries.
- Perform special projects or other duties as requested
What You'll Bring
- High School Diploma or equivalent, 4 + years of prior experience with hands on payroll processing for a high growth global company
- Knowledge of trinet (PEO) and bamboo hr a plus
- Previous experience/proven ability to accurately and timely complete all payroll processing responsibilities for 200 + employees
- Exceptional internal customer service skills
- Excellent multitasking capabilities while maintaining organization and meticulous attention to detail
- Strong computer skills in word processing and spreadsheet software
- Demonstrates proficiency using a personal computer (PC), company communication tools (e.g. email, internet, slack), and Microsoft products (e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times
ReCharge Payments is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with our principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. ReCharge Payments prohibits any form of workplace harassment.