Every year, thousands of entrepreneurs are driven to start companies fueled by bright ideas they dream will take flight. But starting-up a successful, high-growth company is hard work and confusing. Entrepreneurs are hungry for guidance and direction as they travel the path of initiating, running, and funding their venture. They form the basis of an ecosystem of companies, angel groups, and advisors that drive the small business economy in the U.S and internationally.
Gust operates at the center of this ecosystem, building tools and services that support the intrepid entrepreneur on the path to success. Gust Launch lets our customers incorporate online, manage their cap table, issue 409a valuations to price options, and provides financial reporting. In addition, we provide legal services to answer any questions entrepreneurs may have on their journey.
Who you are
You fully understand that people operations means attracting, retaining, and developing employees. And you’ve had experience in some or all of the tasks that underlie each of those pillars (recruitment, engagement strategies, performance management, compensation and benefits, employee relations, growth and development, compliance, etc.) In the past, you’ve shown demonstrable evidence of integrity, collaboration, excellence, and empathy. Building and maintaining trust is where you shine. As our in-house expert on all matters concerning employment policies, you understand the weight of the responsibility you have and the discretion necessary in this role. You are not above or below anything; instead you have an opportunistic perspective.
What you’ll do
- Manage employee relations by building relationships with managers and employees in order to support everyone to be successful
- Coach and advise managers by partnering closely on performance management, employee development, and organizational design
- Design career development program
- Ensure employee and labor relations are compliant with applicable federal laws and regulations and serves as the primary contact with the company employment law attorney and outside government agencies.
- Manage the entire recruiting process and applicant tracking system: sourcing candidates, scheduling interviews, interviewing candidates, gathering feedback, and preparing offer letters.
- Improve and manage on-boarding, including new employee orientations.
- Administer payroll and staffing changes through our PEO, maintain and revise company handbook, refine and maintain company intranet, company directory, and other organizational charts and information.
- Help plan office events, off sites, and ad hoc recruiting events
- Organize and manage summer intern program
- Assist accounting and operations team with various requests such as departmental payroll and expense reports, 401k participation, and equipment inventory.
- Champion and evangelize Gust’s culture internally and externally through team events, conferences, and industry networking events