With over 10,000 online merchants launching subscriptions and over 1,000,000 subscribers powered by ReCharge, we have a lot of store owners to support. Our mission to make repeat orders easier began five years ago as a bootstrapped startup and today we're at the forefront of recurring billing software with over 200 remote-first employees around the globe processing hundreds of millions of dollars in sales every month.
We are looking for an interim Business Development Manager (9 -12 months) with the opportunity to transition into a permanent individual contributor position after this term. In this role, reporting directly into the VP of Growth, you will lead a team of sales representatives and be responsible for on-boarding, continuous training, exceeding KPI targets, and building process for reporting and OKRs.
As a leader you'll become deeply knowledgeable on ReCharge's products and will identify when enterprise-level or complex merchants need escalation to Sales Engineers and other members of the organization where you see fit (i.e. Apps, API Support). You will also create outreach campaigns, communication sequences, lead product demos, qualify potential clients and build process and reporting to enable data driven decisions.
What You’ll Do
- Live by and champion our values: #ownership, #empathy, #simple-solutions.
- Manage a team of 3 or more sales representatives and create processes for effective management to ensure they hit quota.
- Be able to provide metrics and KPIs to management as well as your team.
- Write sequences for both cold and warm outreach to new prospects and existing client base respectively.
- Work to create traction with prospects that are not familiar with ReCharge’s service offerings.
- Perform business, product and technical demonstrations to prospective clients as needed.
- Provide feedback and guidance to your sales representatives and coach them on effective sales techniques and product knowledge.
- Participate in industry trade shows, conferences, and third party sponsorships for ReCharge.
- Continuous training on the ReCharge platform and new features.
What You'll Bring
- 5+ years of inside technology sales or business development experience with a history of success in a consultative sales environment preferred
- 2+ years of experience in a business development leadership role
- Deep understanding on cold outreach, effective messaging and tooling that will improve your team’s velocity and rate of success
- Ability to effectively educate sales and business development representatives
- A natural hustle and keen understanding of what it takes to hit targets
- A passion for business development, outreach and building ‘something from nothing’
- Strong work ethic with the ability to overcome objections and build trust
- A great communicator, comfortable explaining complex concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to work well under pressure, with a high degree of adaptability and flexibility in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment
- Desire and ability to work remote-first in a rapidly scaling organization
- Willingness to travel to partner offices and event locations and ability to travel 5% - 10% (North America)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Proficient in reading our documentation, specifically the ReCharge API docs
- Knowledge in Salesforce/Hubspot CRM a plus
ReCharge Payments is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with our principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. ReCharge Payments prohibits any form of workplace harassment.