Sky Works are Sky’s internal creative and production agency based at their state-of-the-art offices in Osterley. We’re 100 people strong and include a large creative and copywriting team, a digital studio, production artists and a QA team.
Sky Works started life as Sky’s production studio but in the last couple of years we’ve built a great reputation for delivering creative work across all media, including email, digital, print and social.
We work across the whole of Sky and NOW TV’s marketing departments: Acquisition and Customer, Retention and Upgrades, Brand and Direct Response, UK and Ireland, and across TV, Broadband and Mobile.
With our in-depth knowledge of Sky and NOW TV, we’re constantly pushing the technical and creative boundaries to develop the best possible work that attracts the best response.
We’ve built a close relationship with the Sky and NOW TV marketing departments so we either take briefs directly, or work closely with external agencies to deliver all campaigns.
The Production Team develops high-quality artwork for a wide range of assignments including Direct Mail, Press ads, POS, Engagement Retail Stands, Out of Home marketing and commercial print. The team ensure that the technical specifications and brand guidelines have been met for all final layouts before delivery.
We are looking for an Onsite Junior Production Artist to join our established onsite team. They will be responsible for developing accurate and high quality artwork for all Production assignments before they go to print.
As an Onsite Junior Production Artist, you will:
- Attend all pre-production meetings
- Ensure high quality standards in all client production briefs.
- Perform assigned tasks within overall Production workflow
- Ensure you are delivering work against budgets, briefs and timeframes
- Collaborate with multiple internal teams.
- Time manage effectively per project
You MUST have:
- A degree in Art & Design, Graphics and have a passion to get started in the industry
- Basic understanding of pre-press within the packaging industry
- Basic understanding of effective creative design practices, trends, techniques and processes, across various touch-points or mediums (e.g. packaging, in-store, point of sale, print, etc.)
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Ability to follow guidelines and SOP’s
- The ability to build relationships with a range of stakeholders/clients/teams and ensure a productive communication flow
- Flexibility with working hours to meet client demands
- Strong communication skills
Sky and Schawk launched the Sky Works studio in 2014 – it is an incredibly successful bespoke solution for Sky’s advertising design and production needs.
A rare and exciting opportunity has now arisen to join our close-knit team, which designs and delivers everything from press campaigns to HTML5 display ad suites to 32pp brochures. You’ll be organised, precise, comfortable taking the initiative and used to working to tight deadlines. It’s vital that you take pride in your work, ensuring that it’s right first time. Designing and delivering concepts and artwork in an open environment (Sky Works is based in the heart of Sky’s Marketing department), you’ll be working with renowned creative agencies as well as Sky Creative, adapting their ideas appropriately. If you’re confident, collaborative, calm under pressure and enjoy the buzz of a busy and fast-paced advertising studio environment, we want to hear from you.
• You will attend Digital Development planning meetings with clients and team members as required
• Ensure high standards of quality in all client deliverables and in all work related communications
• Ensures accurate, consistent, and timely completion of all development work within the overall Digital Development workflow, meeting client expectations, objectives, and specifications
• Meets quality standards at all times for all assigned deliverables and makes recommendations, where appropriate to Management for improvements in reports, tools, processes and assigned tasks
• Promotes a consistent and admirable level of behaviour and communication at all times
• Creates strong and effective internal partnerships and collaborates across the business; listens to and values the opinion of others
• Is an effective team member; supports the team by pitching in at any level and effectively working across the organisation to meet the needs of the business
• Takes ownership of personal actions and outcomes; encourages and empowers others to do the same
• Embraces change; maintains an open mind and is flexible and adaptable in the face of ambiguity and change
• Focuses efforts on achieving SMART objectives aligned to the company’s Strategic Imperatives
• Proactively seeks opportunities to increase knowledge, skills and abilities
• Monitors and pursues upward and lateral growth opportunities to enhance expertise and drive career development
• Supports the company’s profitability efforts by focusing on the efficient, accurate and timely completion of the assigned Digital Development activities
• Participates in meetings to establish the company’s Digital Development strategy as required
• Makes effective use of time and participates in ongoing training and self development to hone skills and improve capability to better assist the Digital Development strategy
• May perform other duties during sociable and unsociable hours, as needed, to meet the needs of the business
Minimum Qualifications & Requirements
Education & Certification (desirable but not essential):
• College degree (e.g. Bachelor of Arts) or equivalent degree within appropriate Software Development discipline in Computer Science, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the key accountabilities of the job
• Experience in front end web development essential
• Extensive experience with table based layouts, cascading style sheets and media queries
• Advertising Agency experience or similar production environment
• Practical experience of Adobe Photoshop & Adobe Illustrator
• Adobe Campaign manager experience or similar platform
Primary Skill & Abilities:
• Ability to turn design concepts into a finished product
• Building responsive HTML emails including knowledge of kinetic email
• Comprehensive knowledge of HTTP, HTTPS, HTML, CSS2, CSS3, CSS query selectors
• Email testing software: Litmus, EmailOnAcid or similar
• Basic people, organisational and analytical skills (including time management and attention to detail)
• Ability to work well in a team environment, to collaborate effectively with key partners in other areas of the organisation, to prioritise work, and to meet assigned deadlines
• Office administration using the Microsoft Office suite
• AfterEffects experience
• Version control (GIT/SVN)