About Us VIDEO
In Swahili, 'tanzu' means the growing branch of a tree. In Japanese, 'tansu' refers to a modular form of cabinetry. At VMware, Tanzu represents our growing portfolio of solutions to help you build, run and manage modern apps. We help customers develop cloud-native apps and maintain existing apps side-by-side, on the same enterprise-grade platform.
The Solutions Engineering (Pre-sales) team provides critical support for sales activity by helping prospective clients understand how to better build, run, and manage software using VMware's Tanzu portfolio. As a first-line manager of a Solutions Engineering team, you will manage and grow a customer-focused team of technical specialists. You will work with regional sales and presales management to steer and strengthen your team's processes and account strategies in order to help achieve revenue targets. You will guide and support your team through potentially long and complex sales cycles as well as engage/manage prospects and customers when and where needed. Given the rapid evolution of both VMware and the modern applications landscape, proactive and continuous learning and networking skills are critical to success in this role. VMware values inclusivity, diversity, collaboration, and technical excellence. As we strive to help our customers build and run software in a better way, leveraging modern techniques and innovative technologies, you can find countless opportunities to nurture your talent, continually learn, and make a difference within exciting sales cycles focused on solving complex business and technology challenges.
VMware has a unique opportunity to help some of the biggest brands in major industries build, run, and manage software better. We are seeing a huge increase in demand from clients who are transforming their software delivery capability and building cloud-native applications to drive customer engagement
- Manage a team of 6-10 Solution Engineers
- Qualify and prioritize team activities
- Define and monitor progress on development plans for Solutions Engineers
- Drive the hiring and career development process for the Solutions Engineering team
- Partner with the regional sales manager to set technical account strategy for all Tanzu opportunities in the Region
- Establish and continue deep technical awareness around the Tanzu product line and the surrounding ecosystem
- Manage from the front by directly engaging the client-facing activities.
- Present VMware and Tanzu value proposition, customer stories, and represent the company as a senior technical manager
- Instill process excellence in all facets of the business including account logs and POC processes
- Engage with VMware's engineering teams to help develop solutions patterns based on customer engagements and your personal experience that will guide product adoption.
- Build deep relationships with customers and serve as their advocate within VMware
- Demonstrated experience managing and/or mentoring pre-sales/solutions engineers
- 5-10 years of experience in one of the following areas: IT Operations (Linux Systems Administration, SRE, DevOps, etc), Middleware Administrator or Kubernetes space(s)
- Must have effective communication, active listening and presentation skills as well as Customer Focus and a strong desire to work in the field
- Detail-oriented, process-focused and driven for rapid completion of tasks
- Passion for mentoring and developing other team members
- Strong networking skills both internally with the sales and product teams as well as externally with clients and the community
- Ability and strong desire to learn new skills and technologies, a strong self-learner
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a STEM major
- Must be willing to travel within Eastern Europe and DACH region
- Fluency in Germany language is a must
- Experience managing a high performing pre-sales/solutions engineering team
- Kubernetes is highly desired. CKAD / CKA certification a big plus but not a requirement for the role
- 2+ years' experience or certification in AWS, Azure, vSphere, or Google Cloud Platform OR Software Development (programming) experience in Java, C#, GO, Scala, Node.JS, Ruby, Groovy and/or Python (not just scripting)