The Market Development Manager is responsible for closing high-volume sales and should be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with ambitious sales targets. Successful candidates will be a well-rounded, genuine people who have the passion to hustle like nobody’s business and deliver exceptional results. We work with a range of cafes, restaurants, and QSRs. You should be able to kick around any conversation and make others feel comfortable.
This position is based in New York City.
- Sourcing potential new clients, initiating contact, and developing relationships with merchants.
- Finding, pitching, and (most importantly) closing accounts. Basically, rockin’ it out there, in pursuit of achieving number one status in your category!
- Building a sales strategy to grow business within new territories and execute at light speed.
- Delivering exceptional customer service to all accounts.
- Building loyal and strong relationships at a local account level.
- Anything and everything that can go wrong with an account is yours to own work through, and come up with creative solutions while enlisting support from your team.
- Bachelor’s or master's degree preferred.
- 3+ years of experience in a field sales or account management role.
- History of success hitting the streets to close deals.
- Proven success being accountable to sales targets and KPIs.
- Demonstrated empathy for merchants, vendors, and other stakeholders.
- Understanding or background in the restaurant space a plus.
- Creative, solutions-driven, innovative mindset with a “get things done” attitude.
- Entrepreneurial and fearless attitude!
- A charismatic “people personality:" flexible, fearless, and excited to help build something awesome and share it with the world.
- Bonus points for existing relationships within the restaurant industry.
- Authentic and genuine.
- Competitive salary: we strive to pay top-market compensation.
- Every Ritual employee owns equity and becomes a shareholder.
- Health coverage & life insurance plans to fit your needs.
- Flexible vacation policy: work hard and take time when you need it.
- Ritual Credits provided each month for coffees and lunches at the best spots around you.
- Work with truly world-class peers.
- Be at the heart of the growth startup community.