Flatiron’s Master Instructor role honors Flatiron’s most distinguished educators: by creating the opportunities for them to pass along their expertise to newer teachers, to lead professional development and training for teachers in their region, and to shape Flatiron’s educational program and change the lives of our students.
Master Instructors are full-time members of the On Campus Education Team who report to a Regional Manager or Education Director and specialize in teacher development.
Some travel may be required for coverage of absent teachers and site visits.
- Propagate the Flatiron Way of teaching and the Flatiron Educational Principles
- Implement/roll out standardized materials from the Educational Development Team (EDT) and the Project Design Team (PDT)
- Facilitate professional development for individual teachers, by campus, or for the region
- Surface regional trends or needs back to EDT & PDT
- Support campus leadership in on-boarding and training teachers
- Facilitate the growth of Flatiron’s teachers through observation and evaluation
- Support / build our culture of feedback
- Lead a team of educators in your domain / program
- Serve as an ambassador and evangelist for Flatiron School in the community: speak at meetups, recruit potential instructors to join our growing teams
- Help lead external events
- Substitute for lead instructors as needed
WeWork is the platform for creators, providing hundreds of thousands of members around the world with space, community, and services that enable them to do what they love and create their life's work. Our mission is to create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, and our own team members are central to that goal.
WeWork is creating a layer of technology to power our vision of “space as a service”. From identifying and designing a new location, to bringing that space to market in an elastic, easy-to-consume way, to seamlessly operating these spaces to delight our members, we are building state-of-the-art systems to automate, optimize, and enhance the experience. The data we are collecting is being used to dynamically optimize utilization, pricing, even layout and form factor. This technology advantage has allowed WeWork to scale to 200+ buildings in 20+ countries and will be our competitive advantage as the company continues to grow.
About Flatiron School
Flatiron School teaches passionate, creative people how to code. We’ve been teaching since 2012, and now we’re developing software and programs to bring our successful curriculum to more students. We are more than just a school — we are a team of mission-driven individuals trying to align education with reality.
Over our five years as a school, we’ve helped over one thousand students learn to code and launch careers in tech. To achieve these outcomes, we’ve never let ourselves stop growing – we’ve constantly iterated on our curriculum, evolved our teaching techniques, and created technology to improve our students’ learning experience.
For the next step in our growth, Flatiron School has joined the WeWork family. In WeWork, we’ve found a partner who shares the mission we’ve had since the beginning: to enable passionate people to learn the skills they need to pursue careers and lives they love. And that mission won’t change. As part of WeWork, we look forward to working together to expand our in-person and online programs and further increase accessibility to our transformative education.