Out-Sell, Out-Think, Out-Play! HomeAdvisor is the leading online marketplace for home services worldwide — think Uber, Tinder, or Instacart for home improvement — and one of the fastest growing consumer internet brands in the country.
Awarded Top Workplace for five years in a row (and with 11 straight quarters of double digit revenue growth), we are ramping up our sales team today to meet the growing demands of our business tomorrow! The HomeAdvisor sales engine is unparalleled in talent, scope, and drive, and our Sales Consultant position is an extraordinary opportunity to make an impact on an exploding industry.
About the role:
- As a Media Sales Representative, you will call on and speak with small business owners across the country, consulting and advising on HomeAdvisor’s marketing services and products.
- Drive new business acquisition: your pipeline (we’ll provide you with leads) and the entire sales cycle is in your hands!
- Learn sales techniques and help develop new and creative sales strategies — you'll have access to infinite resources and an outstanding leadership team that will propel your sales skills and take your career to the next level.
- Ideally, at least 1 year of relevant sales experience — but we can show you the ropes if you think you've got what it takes!
- Business-to-business outbound cold calling sales techniques preferred; in any case, you must not be afraid to pick up the phone!
- Ability to complete the entire sales process on the phone.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, high-energy sales center environment without being distracted (music played throughout the day).
- Ability to sit or stand for an 8-hour shift.
- Ability to hear and talk on a phone headset or handset for up to 8 hours per day.
- Employment contingent upon successfully passing a criminal background check.
- Ability to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Competitive salary, commission, and bonus programs, plus paid training!
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage.
- Paid time off, including sick, personal, vacation, and volunteer time.
- Retirement plan with company match (401K).