Invitae is dedicated to bringing comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people. Our team is driven to make a difference for the patients we serve. We are leading the transformation of the genetics industry, by making clinical-grade genetic information affordable and accessible to guide health decisions across all stages of life.
Our team is expanding rapidly and we’re looking for people who are passionate about helping improve healthcare to join us. Invitae is leading the transformation of the genetics industry, by making high quality genetic information affordable and accessible to guide health decisions across all stages of life. A central component of Invitae’s mission is promoting the integration of genetic testing into mainstream medical care. Accomplishing this goal requires extensive efforts in medical education of both non-genetics providers and genetics specialists because of the rapidly changing landscape in clinical genomics in terms of molecular technology, clinical utility of tests, and evolving professional guidelines.
Currently, Invitae is focusing its provider education on the development of various educational tools built around particular patients and tests (e.g. point-of-care education), on relationship building with professional medical organizations to align on educational needs and initiatives, on providing continuing education to genetic counselors via webinars, and on the development of educational session proposals for key medical conferences and industry-sponsored education events. Additionally, Invitae has a strong team of medical genetics experts (i.e. medical directors and clinical science liaisons) in the field engaging with non-genetics and genetics providers to close gaps in genetics knowledge and support the responsible integration of genetic testing into clinical practice.
Invitae is seeking qualified candidates to manage the planning, developing and implementing medical education activities and tools for physicians, genetic counselors. and other healthcare professionals.
What you will do:
- Working with internal and external stakeholders to identify needs for educational resources that can benefit healthcare providers grappling with the interpretation and use of genetic testing.
- Participating in the development and implementation of educational tools and activities in collaboration with medical, commercial and other teams.
- Tracking outcomes and effectiveness of educational tools.
- Managing medical slide decks and helping with the creation and approval of new content.
- Overseeing continuing education activities from application submission through activity completion and documentation.
- Helping facilitate educational opportunities for post-graduate students (e.g. rotations).
- Driving consistency and accuracy in medical information communication and education.
- Helping organize medical affairs education content/support for client meetings and sales training.
- Liaising with medical education agencies, vendors and contractors as needed.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree required. Post-graduate degree preferred in human genetics, genetic counseling, and/or adult education.
- Must have working knowledge of human genetics. Deep knowledge of human genetics preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience developing medical scientific education resources such as slide decks and education materials in diagnostic laboratory, pharmaceutical, medical device, and/or professional society environment (in-house or as an external agency provider).
- Strong organizational, program management and communication skills and an ability to effectively moderate interactions among stakeholders.
- Well-organized and capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously with a variety of priorities, scopes and timelines.
- Ability to be flexible and change directions and priorities to meet team and company objectives; readily adapts to a new task or responsibility.
- Some travel may be required for internal meetings and scientific/medical conferences.
By joining Invitae, you’ll work alongside some of the world’s experts in genetics and healthcare at the forefront of genetic medicine. We’ve created a culture that empowers our teams and our teammates to have the biggest impact and to explore their interests and capabilities. We prize freedom with accountability and offer significant flexibility, along with excellent benefits and competitive compensation in a fast-growing organization.
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.