Array is transforming. Every day we become a stronger global company. With over 1500 employees and exponential growth, we are redesigning how we better serve customers and scale our business. We are building on strength acquiring new businesses and talent to increase our capacity and capability to innovate and accelerate rapid growth.
A leader in the retail display and in-store merchandising services industry, we work with top brands like Estée Lauder, Sephora, Ulta Beauty, and L’Oréal to name just a few. Experts in our field with over 35 years of experience, we are transforming our business process leveraging our deep industry knowledge and design innovation.
As we expand around the world, we are looking for critical thinkers who are data-driven and have a strong voice to help us steer towards the future and carry out our vision. Joining us now is a chance to lead our transformation, to make a mark and chart our future and your own career.
Who we need
Array is adding a Model Maker to the team in Bay Shore, Long Island to support increased demand; someone to take on an integral role in the development process. Someone to review all relevant design information received from our Business Unit teams and to partner with Design Engineering, to create a final product that meets client expectations and requirements. A Model Maker who can communicate significant issues, innovate solutions and provide recommended process improvements to stakeholders.
With hands-on technical skill and knowledge gained through your studies, work term placements or experience in the field, you are familiar with manufacturing materials and processes such as fabrication, injection molding and thermoforming used to render models and units. You believe contract winning prototypes are created through a strong relationship between Engineer and Model Maker. You are equally comfortable working with other engineers, designers, sales and external contacts; an invaluable team player, you thrive in a laid-back but fast-paced environment.
What’s in it for you
A collaborative atmosphere. You want to be part of a team and a company where you can reach out to anyone to gather information, ask a question or run an idea past. This is a low-ego environment where we share knowledge and ideas; provide and accept feedback.
Empowerment. You are given the autonomy to make decisions and trusted to do your job well, in a timely manner. You will have an opportunity to suggest tools to further support your role and present your case for consideration.
Impact and exposure. You are looking for a company you can commit to; one where you can build your career. As a leader in the industry, we work with Revlon, Ulta, and Flower to name just a few brands. You will face interesting design and display challenges as you review projects. You will gain exposure to a range of manufacturing departments as we design, plan and build our displays in-house. From vacuum forming, plastic molding, woodworking, and metal capabilities, you will gain expansive knowledge of the industry. Your work will impact our client relationships and our growth.
What our new Model Maker will do:
- Analyze. You will review engineering drawings or design brief from the client, Sales, Project Management, Design, Development or Engineering using Solidworks and AutoCAD. You will ensure all pertinent information related to the prototype package and design built intent is received and relayed. You will propose adjustments or design changes to simplify and improve the design (DFM).
- Collaborate and communicate. You will attend and contribute to stand up and other business unit meetings as required. You will reach out to business unit team members, SME’s and manufacturing teams as needed. You will effectively communicate with customers, internal departments and vendors. You will flag significant issues, innovate solutions and provide recommended process improvements to management.
- Research. You will develop new fabrication techniques throughout the modeling stage to simplify the process or find ways to assemble the model efficiently. You will communicate the new process to key internal stakeholders e.g. Design, Engineering, Production, Project Management, and other team members.
- Fabricate. You will create and cut all parts for the model. You will:
- Cut blanks for CNC.
- Build work aids such as fixtures for own use as well as the use of others.
- CNC, laser and cut parts using a table saw as needed.
- Conduct edge finishing, sanding, and buffing.
- Prepare set-ups according to established and documented safe working practices.
- Assemble all parts to create and paint the models.
- Track. You will document all prototype versions via the revision ticketing system. You will follow up with completed revisions to finalize the prototype.