A pioneer in K-12 education since 2000, Amplify is leading the way in next-generation curriculum and assessment. Our captivating core and supplemental programs in ELA, math, and science engage all students in rigorous learning and inspire them to think deeply, creatively, and for themselves. Our formative assessment products turn data into practical instructional support to help students at every skill level build a strong foundation in early reading and math. Our programs provide teachers with powerful tools that help them understand and respond to the needs of all their students. Today, Amplify serves five million students in all 50 states.
Amplify Reading K-5 is a digital literacy program that supplements core instruction and provides targeted support for every student. Through a series of engaging worlds and games, Amplify Reading adapts to students as they play, ensuring that students encounter games that target the exact skills they need. Designed by researchers in the fields of early literacy and reading comprehension, Amplify Reading leverages compelling storytelling and beautiful graphics to challenge students to master concepts, while providing teachers with data on students' progress.
Amplify Reading 6-8 is a digital literacy program that supplements core instruction and provides targeted support for every student. Through interaction with texts in a dystopian trilogy, Amplify Reading adapts to students as they play, ensuring that students encounter questions that target the exact skills they need as they develop their close reading skills.
If you are passionate about the development of literacy, providing students with instruction that targets their exact needs, and maximizing teacher's instructional time, and you enjoy coaching and collaborating with educators, then consider applying to be an Amplify Reading Professional Learning Specialist.
Your job will be to train and coach educators to help them understand how to successfully implement Amplify Reading in their classrooms, to include: determining the best implementation model for their classrooms based on the program's pedagogy; how to successfully incorporate Amplify Reading into their instructional practices; how to establish practices for self-sufficient student use of the software, how to address concerns related to introducing a new digital component to classroom routines; and ultimately improve student outcomes. Your job may also entail providing onsite visits and coaching to support educators at their schools sites and working with other professional development team members to tailor professional development experiences and materials.
We are looking for people who love early literacy; who can confidently lead remote webinars and are flexible with their time; who can coach and manage engagements across multiple schools; who have a great sense of humor; and who are team players.
- Facilitate initial training workshops both remotely and in-person
- Lead engaging remote workshops that employ webinar best practices
- Complete post training reports to summarize session logistics, materials, and any additional school support with the PD team
- Participate in Amplify Reading team meetings and internal trainings
- Travel required
- 3+ years of K-5 ELA and/or 6-8 teaching experience
- Proven knowledge of current early literacy instruction best practices
- Proven knowledge of how to engage an audience remotely
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and interpret district, school and classroom-level data
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate professional development for teachers and/or instructional leaders, particularly in remote settings
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated proficiency with technology-based productivity tools, including Microsoft Office, Google Applications, etc.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Able to travel is required
- Experience implementing Amplify Reading
- Experience administering mCLASS assessments and/or experience implementing CKLA
- Experience navigating remote meeting platforms (Google Hangouts, WebEx, Zoom, etc.)
- Understanding and compassion for the role of the teachers and leaders
- Demonstrated client/partnership management experience
- Instructional leadership experience as a coach or school leader
- Master's or Advanced Degree in Education
Please note that due to restrictions in the Louisiana Code of Governmental Ethics, we cannot consider applicants who are currently and will remain employees of a traditional public school district in Louisiana.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To that end, we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Amplify is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
This position may be funded, in whole or in part, through American Recovery & Reinvestment Act funds.
Amplify Education, Inc. is an E-Verify participant.