A pioneer in K-12 education since 2000, Amplify is leading the way in next-generation curriculum and assessment. Our captivating core and supplemental programs in ELA, math, and science engage all students in rigorous learning and inspire them to think deeply, creatively, and for themselves. Our formative assessment products turn data into practical instructional support to help students at every skill level build a strong foundation in early reading and math. Our programs provide teachers with powerful tools that help them understand and respond to the needs of all their students. Today, Amplify serves five million students in all 50 states.
In partnership with the Lawrence Hall of Science (University of California, Berkeley), Amplify Science was created as a brand new, research-driven, digitally enhanced curriculum for Grades K-8 that comprehensively addresses the vision described in the NRC Framework for K-12 Science Education, including the three dimensions of the Next Generation Science Standards.
Students inhabit the role of scientists and engineers throughout each unit. Through rich, multimodal experiences and authentic problem-solving, Amplify Science will help teachers develop the next generation of students to be critical investigators and thoughtful citizens. Come join the team that is supporting the nation's fastest-growing science curriculum and helping teachers change how students think about science!
If you love to teach students the power of thinking like a scientist and engineer, get excited about the intersection of technology in the classroom, and enjoy coaching and collaborating with teachers, then consider applying to be an Amplify Science Professional Learning Specialist.
Our Specialists deliver Professional Learning experiences and workshops that assist districts, schools, and teachers in planning for and implementing high-quality science instruction aligned to the Next Generation Science Standards.
Your job will be to train and coach teachers to help them make the Amplify Science implementation a success in their classrooms inspiring both student learning and engagement.
We are looking for people who are passionate about science education; who can travel and are flexible with their time; who can coach and manage engagements across multiple schools; who have a great sense of humor; and who are team players.
- Facilitate initial training workshops and follow up strengthening workshops, in-person and remote, for groups of up to 40 teachers
- Conduct coaching sessions, in-person and remote, with smaller groups of teachers
- Provide support to individual classroom teachers by modeling, co-teaching, observing, and providing feedback
- Participate in Amplify Science team meetings and internal trainings
- Travel required
- 2+ years of science teaching experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Education or related field or comparable experience
- Proven knowledge of current science instruction and Next Generation Science Standards
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate professional development for teachers and/or instructional leaders
- Demonstrated ability to analyze data and use it to inform practice
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to implement instructional strategies that enhance engagement and equity of learning for diverse populations
- Demonstrated ability to integrate technology into the classroom and professional development sessions
- Demonstrated proficiency with technology-based productivity tools, including Microsoft Office, Google Applications, etc.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Able to lift up to 20 lbs. (transporting presenter kits)
- Experience teaching Amplify Science
- Experience working with diverse student populations (English learners, SPED, Gifted/Talented, etc.)
- Instructional leadership experience as a coach or school leader
- Demonstrated client/partnership management experience
- Understanding and compassion for the role of the teachers and their comfort with technology
- Master's or Advanced Degree in Education or related field
- Biliteracy (Spanish)
Please note that due to restrictions in the Louisiana Code of Governmental Ethics, we cannot consider applicants who are currently and will remain employees of a traditional public school district in Louisiana.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To that end, we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Amplify is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
This position may be funded, in whole or in part, through American Recovery & Reinvestment Act funds.
Amplify Education, Inc. is an E-Verify participant.