Are you looking to guide a team of Account Executives not just to sell, but to build trust in parallel? Are you someone with a strong numbers sense – who loves diving deep into metrics & forecasts – while keeping a keen eye on the bigger picture? Someone who knows the most meaningful thing we can do is build trust among clients, prospects (and whoever else may be listening) that Expel knows what we’re doing, and that we’re transparent and honest partners?
You and your team are in this together. It's a given you’re down with managing a sales pipeline and you're known for being clear too – about your expectations, about client feedback and how that drives action, and your strategies for success. Your team will look to you for guidance around growing a territory, and they’ll need strategic direction and coaching throughout the sales process. A huge part of this job is guiding the team, so that we can help more customers - and you can help others be even more successful.
If you’re nodding to yourself, thinking "yes, I am the one”, then we’d love to hear from you. We pride ourselves on being a great place to work, and we’d love to share that with you.What Expel can do for you
- Work at a company you are proud to represent, for what we stand for and how we behave
- Connect you with colleagues across the business who respect what you do and want to work with you creatively to succeed, whether we're marketing, caring for our clients or building product
- Surprise you with how capable we already are, and how willing we are to support your efforts, whether that's via our sales enablement, simple business processes or industry expertise
- Provide you with a place where you can spread your wings, support people the way you’ve always wanted to and not have to be looking over your shoulder constantly
- Give you the opportunity to shine as you scale what we've already built, while listening to your ideas for opening new directions for us to explore to help as many customers as we possibly can
- Surround you with people and a company who want to deliver an excellent solution, and to reach the right customers we need to be extraordinary at sales. We're all in it together.
- Embed you in a leadership team who knows that products do not sell themselves, however amazing they are. The foundation of creating a customer starts with showing them our vision and building a trust relationship.
- Help you grow Expel's sales team to achieve our financial goals while preserving the trust our clients have in us
- Build and coach a team capable of selling Expel to our target customers at our desired growth rate, delivering sales at or above desired targets
- Lead operational processes, metrics, and reporting to provide visibility into sales pipeline, productivity and budget
- Work with your team to forecast future sales performance
- Coach your team around sales motions that best match our target market and buyer, encouraging strategy around deal progression, from prospect to positive outcome
- Motivate actions that mirror the Expel playbook
- Share customer feedback to help shape company and product strategy
- Provide coaching and guidance to ensure sales staff are “doing the right thing” and “doing things right”
- Strong communication skills, including impeccable active listening
- Conflict management skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Attention to detail and ability to create and run processes
- Bias toward action and sense of urgency
- Strong deal planning and next steps methodology
- An understanding of the importance of meeting the customer where they are
- Sales talent recruitment, interviewing, and management
- Knowledge of sales operations processes, procedures, and metrics
- Ability to use metrics to inform sales strategy, go to market motions, and product decisions
- Experience directly selling enterprise software products and services; experience selling cyber security a plus
- Experience selling software-as-a-service offerings, including offerings with high velocity transactions
- Consistent track record of exceeding objectives and quotas, including leading a team that had strong quota achievement
- Bachelor’s or postgraduate degree preferred
- 7+ years professional selling experience in enterprise sales
- 3+ years of management experience
We're looking to hire in multiple locations across the United States. Frequent travel will be required for field sales activities, and for executive management activities at Expel HQ in Herndon, VA.
We’re only hiring those authorized to work in the United States.
We’re an Equal Opportunity Employer: You’ll receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.