Regional Sales Manager
We are looking for people to join the Ironwood team who are committed and focused on creating medicines for patients with GI diseases. We have three innovative assets, including our in-market product, LINZESS® (linaclotide) which was discovered in-house and is the branded prescription market leader in its class.
Ironwood is more than just a company; you will join a group of people who come together with their unique perspectives and talents to create medicines that can improve the lives of patients. You will join a supportive, collaborative group of people who challenge each other to think differently, and to find creative approaches to helping patients. You will join a welcoming environment where equality, diversity, and inclusion are integral to who we are and the values we hold as a company . You will join a company where not only what you do is important but also how you do it is equally as important. We challenge each other respectfully because everyone's opinion matter's and w e believe that the unique attributes and viewpoints of each team member facilitates the development of innovative ideas that can help us to discover and deliver breakthrough therapies for patients.
If you want to help us build the next great pharmaceutical company, please apply!
Functional Area: Commercial
Ironwood Pharmaceuticals is currently seeking an experienced sales leader with an outstanding history of sales performance and high integrity. The ideal candidate will have the proven ability to develop and lead an experienced sales team to consistently achieve business objectives, a passion to educate, a desire to establish value-based customer relationships, and an ability to collaborate with our partner(s) to improve care for patients. This position will lead teams that call on gastroenterologists and primary care physicians and will report to a Vice President, Sales. This individual will collaboratively work with a co-promotion partner and the Ironwood commercial leadership team.
- Implementation of regional and national strategies. Customers include Gastroenterologists, PC physicians and key medical personnel;
- Team leadership, hiring, training, and coaching;
- Performance management and efficient and effective key account management;
- Strong analytical skills are required to effectively use personal and promotional resources in order to maximize sales and market share;
- Responsible for creating and implementing regional business plans to address product promotion priorities and valid customer requirements;
- Represent a science advancing "patient first" approach to business activities and demonstrate outstanding partnership skills and leadership skills with Ironwood's sales specialists;
- Serve as a peer leader and resource to the entire Ironwood and Allergan team;
- Willingness to travel over a broad geography is required (approximately 20-60% travel).
The RSM competency model has been crafted in partnership with leadership, the sales team, and those in the field. Taken as a whole, they enable our RSMs to lead their teams to win the right way in the market and make a positive impact for customers and patients.
Leads, plans and operates as an owner
- Understands the business, takes responsibility, and is held accountable for the ethical, compliant decision-making, business planning, and implementation that impacts both short- and long-term outcomes
Maximizes results through collaboration
- Has the mindset that collaboration is critical to Ironwood's success. Actions and behaviors enable one's team and partners to win. Teams up with others inside and outside of Ironwood to improve personal, team and organizational performance.
Inspires and motivates while leading others
- Inspires and motivates others to achieve a common objective.
Attracts, develops and retains top talent
- Develops capability for Ironwood through effective talent management, works to ensure team members get the development opportunities and focus required to develop and keep top performers at Ironwood.
Drives accountability and Performance
- Achieves results through others by setting clear standards of performance and holding others accountable to those standards.
- Bachelor's degree required;
- Associate RSM: external candidates: minimum of three years of pharmaceutical sales management experience; internal candidates: no pharmaceutical sales management experience required.
- RSM: minimum three years pharmaceutical sales management experience;
- Possess a current and valid driver's license at all times;
- Able to operate a motor vehicle;
- Travel over a broad geography.
- Proven experience building Teams, brands and organizations;
- Specialty sales preferred;
- Patient / customer centric mindset;
- Disease state and product expertise leader, translating science and brand messaging;
- Effectively target and deploy promotional / educational resources;
- Demonstrated record of success and ability to lead and inspire a sales team towards meeting and exceeding objectives;
- Ability to communicate and implement tactical product strategies with a sophisticated audience, and to think strategically while providing creative and innovative solutions to market problems;
- Personal integrity and communication (written and oral), and presentation skills are required;
- Must be able to multi-task, problem solve and work with a co-promote partner to make decisions;
- Launch experience especially building a category is preferred;
- Strong computer skills (word, excel and power point) are required.
Ironwood Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity employer, welcoming diversity in our workforce.
Ironwood is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.