About the Opportunity:
We’re looking for a smart, resourceful, and self-sufficient individual to join our growing team as a Finance and Loan Associate. You should be a great communicator (both written and verbal), enjoy sourcing and talking to prospects, and find joy in connecting people with common interests.
This is a great opportunity to gain sales experience and learn from others at a fast-paced, early-stage startup! Your role will also expose you to other critical pieces of our tech company (such as product, engineering, and marketing), giving you many opportunities to share customer insights and ultimately improve our core technology and message.
You will talk to our customers and advise them on their mortgage options while at the same time helping us build a scalable, repeatable product and sales model that can one day serve millions of homebuyers. Every customer is different, but you'll be creative and analytical enough to become a domain expert and figure out solutions.
- Become a mortgage expert! You'll learn the ins and outs of the mortgage industry, from how to price different mortgage options to understanding the bigger picture of the real estate ecosystem and how we fit within it.
- Create qualified leads by calling or emailing potential customers and converting incoming customer inquiries.
- Be the wise, friendly face of Morty to our customers! You'll be talking to them via phone, email, chat, text, or video to guide them through their home purchase.
- Recommend loan options to customers based on their specific situations — you'll need to be able to clearly articulate Morty's value propositions to customers who don't yet know us.
- Devise and implement systems and processes in order to productize our workflows and ensure that every customer gets the same level of service and expertise.
- Manage and track a lengthy customer sales funnel in order to prioritize action items and to improve conversion and customer satisfaction over time.
- Be the voice of the customer to the Engineering, Product, and Customer Success teams, and be a resource for those teams when they need your mortgage expertise.
- Bachelor's degree in in finance, business, mathematics, or another relevant field.
- At least 2 years of sales experience is required. Previous mortgage experience is a plus!
- Strong quantitative skills and proficiency with Microsoft Excel.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Willing and able to learn quickly — you're a self-starter with a “no task is too big or small” attitude.
- Ability to prioritize a multitude of different tasks without micromanagement.
- Excited to join a startup and put in the hustle required to get things done!
Please note: this job will require you to become a licensed mortgage broker within your first four months of employment. Don’t worry, we’ll help you study and plan the post-exam celebration!
- Great and accessible location in West SoHo / Hudson Square near many great restaurants and train stations (the 1, A/C/E, and F/M).
- Public transportation benefits and pre-tax plans to help you manage your commute.
- We love our pets. And we love your pets, too! We’re a dog-friendly office.
- We’ve got you covered: 401k, unlimited PTO, casual dress code, and free health insurance (medical, dental, and vision) — we’re there for you!
- Unlimited Joyride coffee, snacks, seltzer, and fresh fruit.