The Senior IT Disaster Recovery Engineer assists in development of risk management procedures, business continuance scenarios, contingency and disaster recovery plans for central and distributed systems and networks to maintain operations during downtime and/or major disasters. The Senior IT Disaster Recovery Engineer work assignments involve moderately complex to complex issues where the analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
The Senior IT Disaster Recovery Engineer engages in all facets and activities of the DR Program and expected to:
- Implement policies and procedures for disaster recovery planning for on-prem andcloud solutions.
- Manage recovery plan development and maintenance activities to ensure plans are current and compliant
- Manage the test lifecycle supporting and facilitating testing withinfrastructure and applications teams.
- Understands and advocates DR Program strategy while executing activities with IT teams.
- Able to join and contribute to DR in the cloud transformation efforts.
- Comfortable leading discussions and educating business and IT partners in matters concerning DR methodology, practices, roles and responsibilities.
- Highly experienced in engaging infrastructure and application teams to collaborate on discussions and requirements for disaster recovery including experience with recovery and system processes
- Solid understanding of IT infrastructure, application and operations environment structure
- Able to work successfully as a member of a team through collaboration and support.
- Proven ability to influence and collaborate with internal and external resources.
- Makes decisions on moderately complex to complex issues, ability to solve problemsand address obstacles.
- Capable of managing multiple assignments/priorities in a fast-paced environment using discernment, organization, time and objectives management.
- Exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignments.
- Provides project leadership, when needed, for the purpose of planning, directing, controlling, developing and maintaining the Disaster Recovery program.
- Knowledge of Crisis Management, Business Continuity and Event Management practices
- Understands that Disaster Recovery professionals can be called in to support test exercises or unplanned outages off regular business hours as necessary
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; capable to report progress, status and other pertinent information to partners and leaders
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio, SharePoint) with an ability to produce professional documents
- Some, but limited travel required (no more than 15%)
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 5 or more years of DR and/or IT operations experience
- Cloud certification/experience
- Must be passionate about contributing to an organization focused on continuously improving
- CBCP/CBCI preferred
- Strong Excel and/or metrics experience preferred
- Power BI experience a plus
- ITIL certification a plus
- RSA Archer experience a plus
- Service Now experience a plus
Scheduled Weekly Hours