The Senior Network Administrator provides technical expertise in the management of a public and/or private network; tests and analyzes network facilities, including network control software, routers, switches, lines, modems, adapters and servers. The Senior Network Administrator work assignments involve moderately complex to complex issues where the analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
The Senior Network Administrator installs, supports and/or maintains LANs and/or WANs; evaluates and recommends networking product and software upgrades. Performs technical analyses of software, hardware and transmission facilities using various diagnostic tools in support of efficient network operations. Monitors data traffic and controls network resource performance to ensure high-quality transmission. Identifies, diagnoses and resolves technical problems related to network failure/integrity and usage of PC hardware and software. Begins to influence department's strategy. Makes decisions on moderately complex to complex issues regarding technical approach for project components, and work is performed without direction. Exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignments.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5 or more years experience in Network Administration
- Experience providing technical expertise in the management of a public and/or private network
- Experienced testing and analyzes network facilities, including network control software, routers, switches, lines, modems, adapters and servers
- Must be passionate about contributing to an organization focused on continuously improving consumer experiences
- Master's Degree in a Technical Field
- Networking related Certification
Scheduled Weekly Hours