Medidata: Conquering Diseases Together
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of patients. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 1,400 customers and partners access the world's most-used platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com.
We’re looking for a product designer with a passion for designing and prototyping rich, interactive visualizations that are tightly integrated into our products/platform experience. You will be working on Medidata SaaS based clinical trial management applications and play a lead role in helping us provide value to our users.
- Work closely with our clients and internal teams to help shape solutions and rapidly visualize a proposition, through sketching and prototyping
- Work collaboratively with other designers to ensure a consistent, integrated brand perception and user experience
- Be aware of new design patterns and provide solutions based on these and existing patterns
- Present your ideas to a varied audience from user experience designers, product managers to technical architects, data scientists, developers and customers
- Be an advocate for and ensure that your designs are compliant with accessibility
- A thoughtful problem solver - considering multiple solutions with pros and cons
- Someone willing to challenge the status-quo and offer creative solutions to tough problems
- A self-learner - able to learn new tools quickly and work in a fast evolving environment
Your Education & Experience
- You have 5+ years of experience designing and building data visualizations
- Your portfolio includes a proven track record of shipping interaction design work in web applications
- You are familiar with D3 and HighCharts, and have extensive experience with Tableau
- Have a Public Tableau portfolio
- Understand key machine learning concepts and experience building visualizations with data scientists
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.