Reporting to the Director of Sales Engineering, the Sr Sales Engineer is responsible for expanding its sales organization in the Northeast region and guiding customers through their Cofense experience and provide technical assistance to the direct and channel sales teams.
- Support sales operations in the designated territory, working closely with the direct sales team as well as partner sales staff in the region.
- Presenting from a technical perspective the entire Cofense Suite of products
- Managing trials/POCs with multiple clients
- Completing RFPs and security questionnaires and other technical documentation as needed during the sales process.
- You must have relationships with technical staff in information security departments across a variety of industries.
- You will need to be focused, detail oriented and able to document activities in Salesforce.com.
- Other duties as assigned.
The above statements are neither intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be a listing of all of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job. This job description is not a contract of employment, either express or implied. Employment with Cofense will be voluntarily entered into and your employment is considered at will. Cofense reserves the right to alter the job description at any time without notice.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Excellent presentation and communication skills with the capability to present technical information and build rapport with a variety of audiences including line technicians to C-Level Executives.
- IT security experience with understanding of Computer Incident Response/Forensics
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy in a high paced geographically dispersed organization
- Network communication troubleshooting experience with strong TCP/IP skills, familiarity with SMTP, IMAP, HTTP, and other Internet protocols
- Experienced in troubleshooting solutions deployed in enterprise networks, understanding of proxies, LDAP/Active Directory, E-mail Infrastructure and other related technologies
- Experience with Virtual Machine Environments
- Experience with SIEM and/or Threat Intelligence platforms.
- Understanding of laws and regulatory requirements driving customer IT security programs
- Experience completing RFPs and customer security questionnaires to enable deal closure
- Demonstrated attention to detail and commitment to excellence
- Ability to manage information using SalesForce.com
- Capable of managing multiple high priority tasks to successful completion
- Ability to travel a minimum of 50%
- Hands-on experience in providing information security services such as assessments, penetration tests, Security Operations Center preferred
- Hands-on experience in social engineering testing and analysis preferred
- Experience creating and managing YARA rule sets desired
- Hands-on experience in incident response and computer forensics preferred
- Experience as a presenter on information security topics at conferences and events preferred
Education and/or Experience:
- 4 Year Bachelor of Arts or Science Degree preferred
- 3 years of sales engineering in the information security field
- CISSP or SANS Certification Preferred
Cofense is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis [protected class] including, but not limited to: veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable national, federal, state or local laws and ordinances. We adhere to these commitments in all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, training, compensation, promotion, benefits, and discipline.