At Cisco Meraki, we know that technology can connect, empower, and drive us. Our mission is to simplify technology so our customers can focus on what's most meaningful to them: their students, patients, customers, and businesses. We’re making networking easier, faster, and smarter with technology that simply works.
As a senior member of the Security Operations team, you will have a substantial impact on the security of millions of Cisco Meraki users all around the world. We are looking for people who are passionate about building full stack security tools and have substantial experience developing in a containerized cloud/data center hybrid environment.
- Build and maintain custom security tools and services such as:
- AWS-based SIEM solution
- Monitoring and anomaly detection tooling
- Automated certificate renewal and PKI infrastructure
- Incident response automation
- Deploy and tune vendor solutions to feed data into our detection stack, such as:
- Intrusion detection systems
- File integrity monitoring
- Vulnerability scanners
- Partner with the greater security team as well as our product and infrastructure teams to build scalable and user-friendly security tooling
- Build seamless integrations between our tools, Meraki’s development stack, and the broader Cisco security infrastructure
You are an ideal candidate if you:
- Have 5+ years of full stack development experience in Ruby or Python
- Have experience in web, database, information and/or infrastructure security
- Know and love learning about the latest security tools, infrastructure, and industry best practices
- Have experience developing in a hybrid environment utilizing AWS or other cloud providers
- Enjoy working across and being a resource for other engineers and sharing your knowledge of secure coding practices
- Have experience on a pager rotation where you responded to escalations quickly
- Are excited to champion security as a first-class concern
Bonus points for:
- Know and recognize common vulnerability types, including SQL/command injection, XSS, CSRF, and SSRF
- Experience with IoT platforms, large-scale distributed systems, and/or client-server architectures
- Proven ability to ship in a dynamic environment
At Meraki we are driven by the desire to make managing sophisticated networks simple. Our firmware combined with a web-based dashboard allows customers to manage enterprise scale networks using a simple point and click interface. We are passionate about building real products that our customers love. We believe in fostering a positive culture by hiring, coaching, and empowering smart, helpful, humble people. With the support of management, we constantly look within for ways to improve organizationally. Finally, we maintain a positive relationship with Cisco that gives us the stability and resources of a larger company without sacrificing our startup vibe—including an awesome office overlooking the Bay Bridge, stocked full of food and drinks.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Cisco Meraki, we don’t just accept difference – it’s one of our key values. Everybody In means we listen to each other’s opinions. Everybody is accepted and valued here, and we are a team that works as one towards our goals. We recognize that diverse teams make the strongest teams, and we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.