Who We Are
Amrock is one of the largest providers of title insurance, property valuations and settlement services in the nation. The company is an authorized agent of the highest-rated title insurers in the industry, and its solutions power many of the nation’s largest residential lending institutions. Amrock is a preferred provider to five of the top 20 Fortune 100 companies and many of the largest residential mortgage lenders. The company is based in Detroit and retains regional operating centers in Ohio, California, Pennsylvania and Texas.
What You'll Do/Need
The Software Engineer solves new and existing technical issues. Unlike most technology teams, we focus on the business of our company. If you want to be on the leading edge of leveraging technology to solve business problems, we want to talk to you.
- Collaborate with other engineers, developers, architects, quality assurance specialists, system engineers and product managers in solving new and existing technical issues
- Understand requirements, implement designs, and provide administration tools and documentation for specific projects
- Develop in a C# environment, developing web applications, WPF, WCF and web services
- Perform regular on-call duties
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Follow and enhance existing development processes
- Measure and verify that new and old code has acceptable performance and scalability
- Maintain ownership of the projects assigned
- Consistently meet project deadlines
- Experience with the .Net framework, .Net Core and C#
- .NET and object-oriented programming experience
- Experience in general software development methodologies
- Direct experience in SQL Server
- Strong understanding of IIS/Webservice and XML/XSL
- Experience with WCF, WPF, service-oriented architecture, BizTalk and AJAX preferred
- Strong experience in all aspects of the software life cycle, including design and testing
- Ability to understand and start projects quickly
- Team-oriented experience highly desired
- Superb attention to detail
- Very good written and verbal communication skills, regardless of audience
What You'll Get
We're not your typical corporate workplace. At Amrock, we offer a unique, collaborative environment that inspires creativity and encourages teamwork. Our team members make positive client experiences a priority, so we make our team members' workplace experiences a priority. We take pride in making Amrock a diverse, inclusive place to work for those who share our passion for helping make the real estate process faster and easier for everyone.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer, and does not discriminate in any hiring or employment practices. The Company provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with state and federal law. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation in completing the application and/or participating in the employment application process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Team.