A pioneer in K-12 education since 2000, Amplify is leading the way in next-generation curriculum and assessment. Our captivating core and supplemental programs in ELA, math, and science engage all students in rigorous learning and inspire them to think deeply, creatively, and for themselves. Our formative assessment products turn data into practical instructional support to help students at every skill level build a strong foundation in early reading and math. Our programs provide teachers with powerful tools that help them understand and respond to the needs of all their students. Today, Amplify serves five million students in all 50 states.
Amplify is seeking a Senior Strategic Accounts Executive to oversee a territory primarily covering the Eastern part of the United States. The ideal candidate will become an expert on Amplify's solutions and identify opportunities to serve schools, districts, state departments of education and in doing so, achieve revenue targets. The new hire must have demonstrable experience selling supplemental and assessment solutions at the executive, district and/or state department of education level. This person must be skilled at consultative sales, analytical, highly motivated, and committed to doing the work necessary to build this new business. The ideal candidate has a proven track record of success selling print and technologically delivered instructional products and services. The candidate we want for this role will also possess expert knowledge of the K-12 education sector; works well in a fast-paced company and is driven to achieve impressive sales goals.
Responsibilities of the Senior Strategic Accounts Executive:
- Develop and maintain expertise in Amplify's products
- Participate in high quality, consultative discussions to identify customer needs and align Amplify's products and services to address those needs.
- Achieve quarterly and annual revenue targets
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the educational marketplace, industry trends, funding developments, and Amplify products
- Build and nurture relationships with senior leaders in education including Superintendents, Board Members, State Departments of Education, District Department Heads, etc.
- Research territory trends, competition and funding sources to strategically drive new sales
- Provide timely and accurate reporting of pipeline, forecasts, account plans and territory management activities as required
- Develop and maintain a full business pipeline of prospective clients and assume all territory management in assigned territory
- Devise and implement effective campaigns within Eastern region
Basic Qualifications of the Strategic Accounts Executive:
- BA/BS degree
- 5+ years successful experience selling into top 100 accounts in K-12 education market
- Success leveraging federal funds for the purchase of technology based instructional goods and professional services
- Must be able to travel and willing to commit to a heavy travel schedule (50-75%)
- Extensive knowledge of:
- K-12 Education sector
- Core/supplemental curriculum and assessment markets especially in Science, ELA and Math
- State and local adoption timelines and process for both basal and supplemental print and technology-based materials
Preferred Qualifications of the Senior Strategic Accounts Executive:
- Masters or other advanced degree
- 10+ years successful sales experience in the K-12 education market
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience selling to districts within the assigned region
- Demonstrated ability to succeed independently with minimum supervision
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To that end, we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Amplify is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
This position may be funded, in whole or in part, through American Recovery & Reinvestment Act funds.
Amplify Education, Inc. is an E-Verify participant.