A pioneer in K-12 education since 2000, Amplify is leading the way in next-generation curriculum and assessment. Our captivating core and supplemental programs in ELA, math, and science engage all students in rigorous learning and inspire them to think deeply, creatively, and for themselves. Our formative assessment products turn data into practical instructional support to help students at every skill level build a strong foundation in early reading and math. Our programs provide teachers with powerful tools that help them understand and respond to the needs of all their students. Today, Amplify serves five million students in all 50 states.
The On-Site Field Service Specialist will be charged with providing on-site technical and functionality support for Amplify products and associated software. This support will begin with school kickoff meetings, continue through implementation and rollout, and end when the school is in a stable production mode of product usage. You'll be a school hero by providing technical leadership and support to users such as: teachers, students, school specialist staff (IT & pedagogical) and district administration. As the face of Amplify to our educational customers, the FSS is expected to use various media to provide technical and application support.
***This is a contractor position for candidates located in the Los Angeles School area.
Responsibilities of the On-site Field Service Specialist:
- Provide on-site technical troubleshooting at both the device and network level, and ensure that Amplify technical staff get the information they need for bug fixes and other problem resolution. The FSS will build strong relationships with district IT staff and Help Desks.
- Serve as a conduit for relaying feature requests back to Amplify, translating requests for features and the impact to teachers & students.
- Partner with customers and Partnership Managers to provide technical guidance to teachers, encouraging the use of digital resources.
- Interpret technical issues for software and network engineers at various architectural levels
- Communicate and collaborate extensively with the Service Center to document and disseminate accurate information relating to enrollment/ login issues, device problems, outages, bugs, and other matters requiring technical resolution
- Determine the appropriate implementation of hot-fixes and workarounds based on the immediate need of the teachers and students.
- Maintain extensive knowledge of how technology is used in the K-12 classroom and leveraged to create a technically sound environment. This includes knowledge of both Amplify and authentication partner applications.
- Analyze network heatmaps and saturation readings. Further, the ability to make recommendations based on Amplify's specific technical requirements for product use.
Basic Qualifications of the On-site Field Service Specialist:
- BA/BS degree
- Experience navigating various browsers, windows applications, and iOS and Android based devices
- Ability to analyze, interpret, prioritize and communicate information to critical parties in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience using various communication channels (phone, email, chat, video and conference calls, etc) to provide technical and application support to customers
- As a remote employee traveling extensively, the FSS must be well-organized with the ability to work independently.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Ability to travel around Metro Los Angeles
Preferred Qualifications of the On-site Field Service Specialist:
- BA/BS degree in IT related field of study
- Teaching and/or technical support experience a plus.
- Thorough understanding of the Amplify products and all software requirements, including partner applications; in addition, thorough knowledge of supporting systems such as Clever, Salesforce and Intercom.
- Experience traveling to client sites to provide live technical support
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To that end, we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Amplify is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
This position may be funded, in whole or in part, through American Recovery & Reinvestment Act funds.
Amplify Education, Inc. is an E-Verify participant.