Every company has a mission. At Accruent, ours is to make sure you are ready to deliver on yours. 10,000+ customers around the globe depend on Accruent to lead their physical resources and gain the transparency to execute their mission. We’re mission ready. Are you?
Why you want to work for our Engineering team:
The Engineering team is vital to the success of our current and emerging software developments. As part of this team, you will be able to deliver enhancements and customizations on new and existing products to make an impact for the business and our customers. As we continue to expand our product suite, we look for innovative team members to persevere in the ever-changing environment of technology. Our goal is to optimize our products to make sure our customers are mission ready.
The Golang (Go) Developer is responsible for coding, testing and implementing the RESTful API in support of Accruent’s real estate performance management software suite. Responsibilities include reviewing technical requirements and developing code in Golang and SQL Server, integrating with third party libraries and systems as necessary.
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated and have a passion for technology and creative problem solving. If you are self-driven, enjoy working in a team environment, have an entrepreneurial spirit and enjoy creating innovative solutions to complex problems, Accruent may be a fit for you.
In this role, you would be working on the EMS Golang API in support of several products that integrate with the Golang API and many large scale external customers. The EMS Software solutions manage, monitor and control every aspect of meeting rooms, classrooms, gathering spaces, and office hoteling through a single platform.
This position reports to the Software Engineering Manager in Denver, Colorado.
How you'll make a difference:
- Translate user stories and use cases into functional application features.
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to mitigate and address these issues
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- Knowledge of proper Golang architecture and patterns
- Familiarity with Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience implementing automated testing via unit tests
- Proficient understanding of code versioning with Git
- Create product using a “test-driven design” approach.
- Ability to carry out all policies and procedures as established by the team, department or company at large.
- Consistently demonstrate Accruent’s values: respect, integrity, drive to excellence, results orientation, winning attitude.
What you bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
- 1-3 years production Golang experience
- 7+ years backend/middle tier development experience
- Experience with writing unit tests
- Experience working within an Agile SDLC process
- Good interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Technical documentation skills
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language
- Self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail
- Having a devops mentality is a PLUS.
Ability to reason logically and provide innovative solutions.
- Preferred additional skills/experience:
- Experience with Windows Communication Foundation (WCF)
- Knowledge of Windows Foundation Presentation (WPF) and LINQ is a plus.
- Microsoft SQL server databases.
Expertise in building scalable enterprise applications
At this time, visa sponsorship is not available.
Accruent is a global software company that helps organizations achieve superior performance by transforming how they manage their physical resources. Its innovative, industry-leading cloud-based software and services enable organizations to optimize all stages of real estate, facilities and asset management, from capital planning through to IoT-based monitoring and control. With a proven track record across two decades, Accruent has created the only integrated SaaS-based framework and reporting platform for full lifecycle physical resource management. More than 10,000 global customers depend on Accruent solutions to drive out hidden costs, extend asset lifecycles, protect their brands, ensure compliance and deliver on the missions of their organization. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, Accruent serves a wide range of industries in 150 countries around the world.For more information, visit www.accruent.com.
Accruent is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
All offers of employment are made contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. A background check may include: verification of education, past employment, criminal background reports, motor vehicle driving records, reference checks, civil suit records, drug test and/or investigations into incidents involving theft, fraud, harassment and workplace violence. The company is the sole determinant of a successful background check.