Yext puts business on the map. The Yext Knowledge Engine™ lets companies manage their digital knowledge in the cloud and sync it to over 100 services, including Apple Maps, Microsoft Bing, Facebook, Google Maps, Instagram, Siri and Yelp. Yext Listings, Pages, and Reviews help businesses around the globe facilitate face-to-face and digital interactions that boost brand awareness, drive foot traffic, and increase sales. Learn more about how we help put business on the map at yext.com.
Yext is looking for a Software Engineering Manager to help us continue building out our product and services! Our team works in an agile environment running two-week sprints that culminate with demos of features in progress. You will work alongside engineers from the top universities and tech companies in the world, hands-on with the code from day one.
- Lead full life-cycle software development
- Drive the development process through design, implementation, and deployment
- Work closely with the executive team to develop a software roadmap for future features and improvements
- Mentor team members, encouraging career and personal growth
- Ensure your team meets deadlines and launch dates through an effective sprint planning process and daily standups
- Collaborate effectively across teams, including outside of engineering
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related field
- 10+ years of relevant, industry development experience
- 5+ years of experience leading a team of 5-10 engineers
- Strong foundation in software architecture and design
- Fluency with Java, C++, Python, or similar (we use mostly Java)
- Openness to new technologies and creative solutions
- Comfortable working within a fast-paced high growth startup environment
Compensation, Benefits & Perks
Yext offers the following exceptional benefits: competitive compensation, 401k, unlimited snacks, daily meal allowance, flexible hours / paid time off, and excellent health / dental / vision insurance. Our mission is to help people go places—both consumers to our customers’ doorsteps and our employees to new heights in their careers. We treat our employees well and offer tremendous growth opportunities. Challenging work pushes our people to be creative in a casual environment that is caring, fun, and collaborative. We believe that when you have smart, happy people working together you can produce something special.
Yext is based in the heart of New York City operating in Berlin, Chicago, Dallas, London, and Washington D.C.. Yext has been recognized as one of America’s fastest growing companies by Inc. (2015 & 2016), one of Forbes’ Most Promising Companies (2014 & 2015) and one of Fortune's Best Places to Work (2014, 2015 & 2016).
You can learn more about the Yext team and culture on the muse, our website, and blog.
Yext is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.