Signify, the new company name of Philips Lighting, is the global leader in lighting building on 125+ years of innovations.
Our purpose is to unlock the extraordinary potential of light for brighter lives and a better world.
We are proud to be ahead of the game in the Internet of Things and on track to be carbon neutral by 2020. We learn through disruptive challenges and our performance is powered through our diverse teams. Our Philips products, Interact connected lighting systems, and data-enabled services transform people's lives in homes, buildings, and public spaces.
We define the meaning of light... join us to #findyourmeaning @ Signify!
Were currently looking for a Technical Field Engineer Apprentice to join our UK&I Customer Satisfaction Team, on a 2 year Apprenticeship Program in the Midlands, ideally close to Northampton. The apprentice will be enrolled with Farnborough College and will aim to successfully complete an Advanced Level 3 Apprenticeship in Engineering - Electronic/Electrical pathway during the Program.
- Register complaints/issues within the Service Management System.
- Support of the Field Engineers, ability to fault find both within a workshop environment and in the field.
- Transpose fault finding conclusions and resolution taken to enable quality reporting both internally and externally to the customer.
- Learn how to complete electrical test to complete root cause analysis.
- Work to compliance with industry best practice when working with electrical and electronic systems.
- Gain a full understanding of the 17th Edition IEE Regulations.
- Become fully conversant with the latest lighting technology and their application.
- Gain full knowledge of the application, programming and commissioning of lighting control systems.
- Learn how to complete Risk Assessments and Method Statements.
- Gain full understanding of the different industry accreditation systems.
- Become fully conversant with Health and Safety best practices.
- Complete and undertake specific safety training, e.g. working at heights, MEWP, CSCS, Use of harnesses etc.
- Currently studying towards your College degree in:
- Mathematics & Science
- Full driving license, as you will be required to travel.
- 3 A-Levels including excellent mathematics and numeracy.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work and contribute within a team environment.
- Good planning and organizational skills, with a high level of attention to detail.
- Self-motivated with proven ability to apply themselves.
- Good IT skills and the ability to learn new technologies and systems.