The Value Architect will support sales and service efforts working closely with product and marketing to close large deals. This role will be an expert in the BlackLine product, finance operating models, industry standards, regulations, emerging trends, competitor capabilities/limitations, and finance transformation. In addition, the Value Architect will be involved in large BlackLine opportunities with SAP customers to capture pain points, prioritize objectives, and gain cross-functional alignment on the recommended solution, roadmap and go-to-market strategy.
- Leading Sales: The Value Architect will work closely with sales, product and services throughout the entire deal lifecycle. They will lead the in-depth discovery and engagement aspects of the pursuit through to the final proposal and statement of work.
- Delivery & Support: The Value Architect is responsible for maintaining the key client relationships they established during the sale process to ensure we are meeting expectations throughout delivery and support. They will also help drive the client roadmap working closely with implementations, customer success managers, and the product team.
- Business Value Assessments: The Value Architect is responsible for leading Business Value workshops and completing Business Cases that include ROI analysis and Implementation project plans.
- Proof of Concept: The Value Architect is responsible for completing Proof of Concept work when required to accelerate closing of large opportunities.
- Go-to-Market Assets: The Value Architect will own the ongoing development of our Value Engineering playbook and demonstration environment. In addition, they will lead the ongoing training to our broader community of Solution Consultants. Working closely with product, marketing and service they will assist in the development of other assets (e.g., workshop enablers, use cases, competitive comparisons, sales/partner training, whitepapers, webcasts, etc.) and help with evangelizing our product.
- Hands-on: The Value Architect is expected to roll up their sleeves and fill gaps where necessary to make the product successful for our clients.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain trusted relationships with prospects/clients
- Proven ability to translate prospective client objectives into solutions enabled by our product
- Experience selling and managing large transformational projects at strategic accounts
- Experience creating and delivering compelling presentations and product demonstrations
- Previous experience as a consultant focused on process improvement and technology enablement