WHAT WE DO MATTERS:
Here at The Knot Worldwide, we believe in doing work that matters. In 15 countries around the world, our leading family of brands (The Knot, WeddingWire, Bodas, The Bash, The Bump, How They Asked, Lasting, and more) inspire, inform, and celebrate our communities as they move through life’s milestones. From the proposal to creating a home, and starting a family together, we’re there for every step of the journey. Our couples and business partners depend on us. They're all in. So are we.
ABOUT THE ROLE AND OUR TEAM:
We are seeking a talented Visual Designer to join our Product Design team.
Every year, millions of couples and guests use The Knot wedding websites to share their stories, and communicate around details for the big day. As our Visual Designer, your focus will be on the design of our wedding website themes. You’ll create themes that match popular wedding invitations, and will also design themes from scratch. You’ll collaborate with product managers, product designers, print designers, and engineers to bring your beautiful solutions to life.
*This is a 3-4 month freelance role. We are also accepting remote applicants.
SUCCESSFUL VISUAL DESIGNER CANDIDATES HAVE:
- A gorgeous portfolio featuring websites and digital experiences you’ve designed.
- Work that demonstrates exceptional skill in typography, color, spacing, and hierarchy.
- Natural visual aesthetic, and a strong design sense.
- The ability to speak to the creative process and how they arrived at the solutions.
- A passion for staying on top of the latest design trends.
- The knowledge to design for digital experiences, including how to work within template constraints.
- Experience designing responsively, and a broad understanding of accessibility requirements.
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, and have a working knowledge of Sketch.
- Comfort with (or are open to learning) some light coding.
- Pride in the quality of their work and maintain a strong attention to craft.
- Organization, keep detailed notes, and art boards and files are clean and structured.
- Flexibility and adaptability, and take constructive criticism with ease to apply feedback as needed.
- The ability to engage and collaborate easily with team members at all levels. You’re trustworthy, reliable, and cooperative.
At The Knot Worldwide, we believe you are more than a resume and invite you to go for it, take the leap of faith, and apply for this job if it sparks your passion to join TKWW and make a difference!
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT YOU:
- You must be comfortable with ambiguity, able to work autonomously, and energized by supporting a team that's helping a rapidly growing company scale globally.
- You deeply understand our users and put them at the center of everything you do. You aim to serve and delight them every day.
- You are respectful and act with the highest integrity.
- You ask questions to understand a perspective and are comfortable respectfully challenging assumptions.
- You set clear ambitious goals. You anticipate obstacles, persevere, and are accountable for your commitments.
- You aren’t afraid to challenge the status quo and know that there’s no such thing as failure if you learn from it.
- You seek out feedback and never settle in your quest to grow and develop. By being here, you make our company stronger.
WHAT YOU LOVE ABOUT US:
The Knot Worldwide offers a unique employee experience and we are deeply proud of our award-winning culture. From flexible vacation and generous parental leave benefits to promoting wellness and giving back to our community, we believe in happiness above all else—in and out of the office.
The Knot Worldwide provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability. In addition to federal law requirements, The Knot Worldwide complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. The Knot Worldwide expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
If you are a resident of California, by submitting your application, you acknowledge that you’ve read the California Privacy Notice.