Over a month ago Toby Daniels, Executive Director of Social Media Week / CEO, Crowdcentric suggested to Digital.NYC that we co-present a session during Social Media Week. The idea - to identify and present a group of exceptional New York City startups that the wider community may not have noticed.
We vetted scores of companies across a wide range of fields to narrow our list to the few we’ll soon be presenting. Admittedly, given the great range of choices of early stage startups in NYC, there is a subjective quality to our final list. We feel confident, though, that the companies selected are important, exciting companies doing good work that represents the best of New York City’s startup scene.
So below, please see our list of companies who will be presenting on Thursday, February 25th at 4:00pm at Social Media Week New York. Session agenda here.
1) Button: Effortless partnerships and beautiful app connections that drive commerce.. Button builds “contextual commerce” technology that creates connections between mobile apps. Read Button's Q&A with Digital.NYC
2) Gimlet Media: Gimlet Media is a digital media company and podcast network, focused on producing high quality narrative podcasts, founded by Alex Blumberg and Matthew Lieber, who serve as the company's CEO and president respectively. Read Gimlet Media's Q&A with Digital.NYC
3) GoButler: GoButler is a free, messaging-based, on-demand service that operates as a digital personal assistant, using Human Assisted Artificial Intelligence (HAAI) to fulfill requests 24/7, 365 days a year. We take the time and inconvenience out of everyday tasks, fulfilling on-demand requests, from flower delivery and travel bookings to restaurant reservations and more — all at your fingertips! Read GoButler's Q&A with Digital.NYC
4) Home Team: Home care that transforms the aging experience. Welcome to a new kind of senior care. Read Home Team's Q&A with Digital.NYC
5) JewelBots: The world’s first programmable friendship bracelet. Spark their creativity. Get your kid coding today! Jewelbots' Q&A with Digital.NYC
6) Livelike: LiveLike is a VR platform company that enables broadcasters and sports teams to deliver immersive, live sports viewing experiences. Read LiveLike's Q&A with Digital.NYC
7) Newsela: Newsela provides daily news articles from top national and regional newspapers, all written at five reading levels. Initially targeting grade 3-12 classrooms, Newsela automatically gives each reader the level of an article that's just right for his or her reading ability, while empowering them change levels with a single click. Read Newsela's Q&A with Digital.NYC
8) Ringly: Ringly creates smart jewelry and accessories that keep you effortlessly connected to the things that matter most. Our core belief is that technology can be more discreetly integrated into our lives. Read Ringly's Q&A with Digital.NYC
9) Splash: Build beautiful event websites. Splash is the world's first experience marketing software that maximizes event impact - before, during, and after. Read Splash's Q&A with Digital.NYC
10) X.ai: x.ai is a personal assistant who schedules meetings for you. Read X.ai's Q&A with Digital.NYC
Learn more about Social Media Week below.Read Complete Article