As the Brooklyn Army Terminal (BAT) celebrates its 100th birthday, NYCEDC is turning to the city's rich ecosystem of smart building innovators to enhance the infrastructure and operations of this New York City landmark. The Smart Buildings Tech Challenge invites applicants to submit proposals to address three key smart building areas. Selected finalists will be invited to a pitch event this summer, and winning proposals will be contracted by NYCEDC to pilot the project at BAT.
Companies with a market-ready solution to one or more of the challenge areas are welcome to apply. Applications are open until 4 pm on July 12, 2018.
The applications that, in NYCEDC’s judgement, best satisfy all of the below criteria will move forward to the pitch event. The pitch process may include presenting the submitted proposal to the BAT team, submitting additional information, and participating in an interview.
- Project Feasibility (30%): Market-ready technology, ease of technology implementation, and simplicity of technology maintenance
- Project Impact (30%): Alignment with the challenge areas, reduced or avoided costs, lowered environmental impacts, increased connectivity, job growth potential
- Project Cost (20%): Reasonable costs given size and scope of the project
- Quality of Proposal (15%): Project team’s qualification and preparedness
- Project Team Relationship to NYC (5%): Preference for project teams with a local presence such as NYC-based offices or staff
Selected applicants will be notified of their acceptance to the pitch event, and of the pitch event date, by August 15, 2018.
Click here to apply and learn more!Read Complete Article